We all have to bathe our dogs eventually, I mean come on, they get pretty stanky, so when you look at all the dog shampoos, which one do you choose? There are so many different brands and scents to pick from! I am here today to share with you a well-respected brand, John Paul Pet!
John Paul DeJoria, the co-founder of Paul Mitchell, started John Paul Pet in 2005 and is devoted to making the world a better place. These products have the optimum pH for pets and are tested on humans first. They sent me a couple of their premium products to test out and share what I thought about them with you guys!
We got Tea Tree Shampoo, Oatmeal Conditioning Rinse, and Instant Detangling Spray! All of these are made in the U.S.A. and cruelty-free, which I think is really awesome.
- "Cleanses and soothes while reducing skin irritations"
- "Tea tree leaf oil and eucalyptus combine to safely discourage skin irritation, allowing hot spots to heal"
- "Almond oil and chamomile soothe, while aloe adds moisture"
- "Directions: Gently massage a small amount into damp fur, avoiding the eye and ear areas. Let lather set for one minute then, rinse with cool, clear water. Towel dry and comb through."
- For use in dogs and horses
- Smells AMAZING! (tea tree oil is one of my favorite scents)
- The scent is very fresh, clean, and sophisticated
- Lathered nicely and worked well to get all the dirt and grime out
- "Soothes, conditions and moisturizes dry coats"
- "Five conditioning agents, including oatmeal and chamomile, create a soothing rinse-out conditioner with vitamin E to protect skin and coat"
- "Directions: Gently massage a small amount into damp coat and rinse with cool, clear water. Towel dry and comb through"
- For use in dogs, cats, and horses
- Ingredients look good to me
- Smells wonderful - like a sweet oatmeal smell and it isn't too overpowering
- Dogs' fur was nice and shiny!
- "Penetrates into the coat and helps release and detangle unruly snarls in dry or damp hair"
- "Thirteen conditioning agents, including oatmeal, chamomile, sweet almond oil and Panthenol, combine to coat and penetrate strands to release tangles. Aloe is also added to help retain moisture"
- "Directions: Shake bottle and spray on damp or dry coats; brush through"
- Can be used on dogs, cats, and horses
- Bailey has fine hair that loves to get tangled and after spraying this and then brushing her fur, I noticed it really helped get the tangles out quicker and with less fuss.
- We have used another detangling spray in the past but stopped using it because the scent was overwhelming, but this spray has just the right amount of perfume.
Now I could have done a video of me washing my dogs, but I thought that that might be a bit boring, so I decided to film my rats' bathtime routine!
I bathe my rats about as often as I wash my dogs - once a month. Also just like with dogs, it is important to use appropriate shampoo. If you don't have small pet shampoo you can use dog shampoo since it will be gentle enough as well.
Watch my video on "How to Bathe Your Rats" where I use the John Paul Pet Tea Tree Shampoo and John Paul Pet Oatmeal Conditioning Rinse
In a nutshell...
- John Paul Pet has many grooming products for dogs, cats, and horses
- All of the products are tested on humans first, pH balanced, made in the U.S.A., and cruelty free
- The scents are wonderful and not too overwhelming
- You can buy all of these affordable products over at our Amazon Store, or you can find a retailer near you.
The Tea Tree Shampoo and Oatmeal Conditioning Rinse are great to use whenever your pup (or rat!) needs a bath, and the Instant Detangling Spray is great if your dog's hair gets tangled often. I really like this brand and the types of grooming products they provide. Will definitely use them again!
|"Baffs are tolerable only if I get tweets!" - Everett|
Learn more about John Paul Pet here!
What is your favorite scent when it comes to pet grooming products?
Let us know in the comments!
We are also giving away an 8 oz. bottle of Tea Tree Shampoo and an 8 oz bottle of Oatmeal Conditioning Rinse to a lucky reader!
Must be 18+, U.S. Only
ARV is $17.90
Ends 7/25/15 1:00 AM