Hey you guys! I decided to take the Pet Blogger Challenge hosted by gopetfriendlyblog.com!
All I have to do is answer some questions about my blog. I thought this would be great since I am just starting out.
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
I have been blogging since November 2014, so not too long at all! I mostly do pet product reviews, such as treats, toys, accessories, anything pet related!
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud.
I actually started it! I had been thinking of doing one since around April 2014, but my health was making it so that I couldn't do anything. Starting in November I have had a bit more energy and I decided to start The Chesnut Mutts!
3. What lessons have you learned this year – from other blogs, or through your own experience – that could help us all with our own blogs?
I have learned that if you have an instagram account, it is better to space out your posts maybe every 2 hours at least, so as not to overwhelm everyone. I started doing that I have gotten a lot better response.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
So far, I have gotten the most views from Linky posts. The second most effective way is through twitter.
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
My most popular post was my ImmuneIQ review. This was my first review, so I like to think that people were interested in seeing what I was all about.
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
My favorite was the Full Moon Jerky review! Jada loved it and we found our favorite treat! We also got noticed by Full Moon with it, so that was nice as a starting blogger!
7. Has your policy on product reviews and/or giveaways changed this year?
No, I haven't really made a policy yet. I probably should..haha.
8. If you do reviews, what do you find works best, and what doesn’t work at all?
Not sure yet! But I do know that everyone loves to see Jada's happy face!
9. If you don’t do reviews, is this something you’d like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
I do reviews, but I would love to be contacted by more folks to review!
10. What’s your best piece of advice for other bloggers?
Do what your heart tells you to do! I have always been pretty iffy with writing, but I have made myself blog because I want to share my opinions with other people.
11. What goals do you have for your blog in 2014?
I want to be contacted by more people, try to do more blog posts close together, figure out how to do tabs/pages, maybe do a giveaway, and get Bailey to do photoshoots more. Lol.
12. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you’re having with your blog, what would it be?
My blog design! I feel like it is lacking a bit. I want to draw my pets rather than just have a photo. I also want to add more color, maybe sage green and chocolate brown. Not sure how to make that work with my black and white logo :)
Thank you for a great start and I hope to bring you more great content this year!